Top things to do in Dorset this weekend: November 2-4
With bonfire night upon us, there are plenty of outdoor events taking place across Dorset this weekend.
The weather forecast doesn't look too promising, however, there will be plenty of fireworks and fires to keep you warm this weekend.
1) Dorset's longest fireworks display will take place at St Michael's Middle School, Colehill, Wimborne. 1.4 tonnes of fireworks will raise money for a range of good causes, with a 'Best of British' theme. Gates open at 4.30pm with the Best Guy Competition at 5.30pm and the fireworks starting at 7pm
2) The Wimborne Literary Festival takes place on Friday and Saturday at various locations across the town. Up to 30 events will take place including an evening with Inspector Morse author, Colin Dexter. Poetry readings, creative writing and poetry workshops will also be on offer.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
3) Corfe Castle's Fireworks Display takes place on Friday night from 7.30pm. There will also be live music from 9pm and a delicious barbecue on offer.
4) Wareham Fireworks and Torch Procession at Wareham Rugby Club will take place on Friday November 2. The torch procession will start at Wareham Town Hall at 6.30pm with the event starting at 7pm. There will be live music, a licenced bar, food and fairground rides on offer and prizes for fancy dress.
5) The Beaminster Big Bang at St Mary's School will take place on Saturday night, organised by The St Mary's School Association (SMSA). Gates will open at 6pm with the display starting at 6.30pm.
6) An armistice concert will take place at The Regent Centre, Christchurch on Sunday at 6.30pm. the Band of the British Legion will be performing traditional music, with a special performance from the Bournemouth Male Voice Choir.
7) Sherborne Castle will host a spectacular fireworks display on Saturday evening from 5pm. The fireworks display will take place at 7.30pm, with live music and entertainment, food and drink available.
8) Sturminster Newton's monthly market takes place on Saturday, at the Atrium and Chivrick room at The Exchange. Dozens of traders will be selling a range of products including money, cheese and jewellery. the event takes place between 9am and 1.30pm.
9) Take advantage of the unique opportunity to ride a tracked vehicle at The Bovington Tank Museum. This weekend, a converted M548 tank can hold up to 16 people at a time, allowing the whole family to go for an exciting ride. The event starts at 11am and costs £2.50 per person.
10) Arne's Autumn Forage Festival takes place on Saturday between 9am and 4pm at The RSPB reserve near Wareham. The free event will offer a range of fun activities including craft demonstrations, knife courses, food stalls and games and music.