Ten things to do in Dorset this weekend: January 12 and 13
Dorset may still be recovering from the festive period, but there's plenty of events taking place this weekend to get you out and about and forget about the winter blues.
This Is Dorset takes a look at ten events to keep you busy this weekend.
1)The Circus of Horrors brings their terrifying show to The Lighthouse, Poole. After performing at Glastonbury Festival in 1995, the show has grown in popularity.
The show has embarked on a world tour and stormed to the finals of Britain's Got Talent with their cult status very much intact.
Thinking of buying a new computer for Christmas?
Save 10% on all Windows 7 Custom Built Desktop Computer Packages. Gaming PC's, Media Centres & More!!
Windows Desktops Only, Purchased before 12/12/13.
Package Includes Tower, Screen, Keyboard & Mouse.
Domestic Customers Only
Contact: 0845 0177033
Valid until: Thursday, December 12 2013
The performance takes place at 8pm on Saturday, with tickets costing £19.50 or £15.
2) Avon Heath Country Park near St Leonards is holding sculpture workshops for adults this weekend.
Take advantage of the unique opportunity to try out a range of carving activities. The session will be led by Mark Vyvyan Penney - who created the giant play sculptures at Avon Heath.
The events takes place between 10am and 4pm and tickets cost £30 each.
3) On Saturday night, Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra will be performing a special Viennese Gala at Weymouth Pavilion.
The performance will be conducted by Gunther Bauer-Schenk - featuring the best of Strauss including You and You Waltz from Die Fledermaus, Tales from the Vienna Woods and the Blue Danube Waltz.
4)Beauty and the Beast on Ice will bring all the magic of the classic Disney story to the The Bournemouth International Centre this weekend.
The show features the Russian Ice Stars, delivering a dazzling interpretation of the much-loved story.
Performances take place at 7:30pm on Saturday and 2:30pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
5) Nostalgic music fans will not want to miss a special concert celebrating Glenn Miller and the Big Band era at The Tivoli Theatre, Wimborne.
The Nick Ross Orchestra will include a full line-up of saxophones, trumpets, trombones, a rhythm section and guest vocalists.
Tickets cost £16.50, with the event starting at 7:30pm - including Moonlight Serenade, In the Mood and A String of Pearls.
6) Walford Mill Crafts in Wimborne is hosting 'Horizons' this weekend.
The exhibition features a showcase of varied and vibrant work by students and their tutors who have taken part in past workshops at Walford Mill.
7) The Bridport Community Orchard and Pennard Plants are hosting their annual Potato Day and Seed Fair on Sunday.
Over 60 varieties of seed potatoes will be on offer along with onion seeds and shallots. Teas and coffees will also be available, with the event taking place at St Mary's Chruch Hall, Bridport.
8) Madagascar Live will bring the popular film to life at The Bournemouth International Centre this weekend.
Based on the first Madagascar film, join Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, Gloria and hip hop hippo and the plotting penguins as they escape from their home at New York Zoo.
The show takes place at 11am, 3pm and 6:30pm on Saturday and 12pm and 4pm oon Sunday.
9) Take a blast into the past by visiting The Tank Museum, Bovington.
Showcasing almost 100 years of history, visitors can examine the conditions that led to the invention and introduction of the tank.
9) The Adventure Wonderland near Bournemouth Airport is a fantastic day out for the kids.
With over 30 attractions and shows throughout the day including the Alice in Wonderland Puppet Show and The Park Conga - a trip to Adventure Wonderland shouldn't be missed.
10) Shaftesbury Arts Centre will be hosting 'Souper Saturday' this weekend.
Taking place between 11am and 2pm, visitors are urged to indulge themselves with delicious homemade soups, lunches and cakes.
It also gives visitors the ideal excuse to visit the picturesque Dorset town.