Unattended candle causes fire at Motcombe property
An unattended candle caused smoke damage to a Motcombe property after a fire this morning.
At around 5 am, two crews from Shaftesbury attended the fire after an annex attached to a property was well alight.
The blaze was extinguished using hose reel jets and breathing apparatus - causing severe smoke damage to the annex.
No working smoke alarm was fitted in the property. Luckily, the occupant was woken by the smell of smoke and was able to make an emergency call.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
A spokesperson from Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said: "We would like to take this opportunity to remind people to get a smoke detector fitted and test them regularly.
"Also, ensure that candles are never left unattended and ensure the candle is in a suitable receptacle."