Sandbanks Hotel gas leak secured by Dorset fire crews
A gas leak at The Sandbanks Hotel in Poole has been secured by Dorset Fire and Rescue Service.
A harmful chemical was released from plant equipment - with the hotel evacuated and one person taken to hospital.
Fire crews were called to the hotel along Banks Road, Poole at around 10:50 this morning and have now ventilated and made the area safe.
A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said: "The chemicals concerned - sodium bisulphate solution and sodium hypochloride - when mixed make a chlorine solution which gives off chlorine gas.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
"This had escaped from plant equipment into the plant room and surrounding area."
Around 20 firefighters from Poole and Westbourne attended the incident.