Sandbanks Hotel evacuated after person injured in harmful gas leak
A Sandbanks hotel has been evacuated after a harmful gas leak injured one person.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service were called to The Sandbanks Hotel along Banks Road, Poole at around 10:50 this morning.
Crews from Poole and Westbourne are currently dealing with the incident - which is thought to involve chlorine gas and liquid.
Hazmat Officer and Station Manager Louis Minchella said: "A 60-metre cordon has been put in place around the hotel and all guests have been evacuated.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
"We are dealing with a gas leak which can be potentially harmful to people. Fire crews will be committed in gas-tight suits to investigate and isolate.
"The beach and road surrounding the hotel have been closed."
Around 20 firefighters remain on the scene, while the ambulance service are dealing with one casualty.