Top Picks: This weekend in Dorset - September 8-9
WIth the summer holidays behind us, Dorset still has plenty on offer this weekend. Several big events are taking place, and despite the kids returning to school - plenty of family fun is still to be had.
1) The Jurassic Coast Earth Festival comes to a close. The celebration of England's only natural world heritage site ends after a four-month programme of events, activities and exhibitions across the 95-mile coastline of Dorset and Devon.
2) Dorset Architectural Heritage Week, Allendale House, Wimborne is being organised by the East Dorset Heritage Trust. The annual event helps stimulate public awareness of Dorset's achtectural and cultural heritage with free entry to many properties which are usually closed to the public.
3) Swanage Folk Festival is a popular annual event celebrating folk music and culture. With various events taking place across the Purbeck town, folk-lovers can enjoy concerts at Mowlem Theatre and music at the main marquee on Sandpit Field. A variety of crafts and trade stalls, along with children's activities are also on offer.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
4) Cheese lovers will be flocking to Sturminster Newton this weekend for the 13th Annual Cheese Festival. With over 60 traditional food stalls and dozens of craft stalls, and real ale and cider, the poplualr event is open between 10am and 5pm and also includes Morris dancing, children's activities, tasting sessions and cookery demonstrations.
5) Monkey World, near Wareham has a range of cheeky monkeys and primates to keep youngsters entertained. the park is open throughout the year and famous for it's ape rescue.
6) Grand Steam Gala and Classic Transport Rally, Swanage Railway will see various steam trains running alongside the regular Swanage-based trains. There will also be a Vintage Transport Rally at Harmans Cross, displaying vintage road transport and evening entertainment.
7) Family Camp Weekend, Brownsea Island offers a rare chance to spend the weekend camping on the famous Island. Take part in a sing-song and enjoy a barbecue with your family.
8) Heritage Open Day, Corfe Castle will see visitors enjoy free entry to the famous castle on Saturday, set in the beautiful Purbeck setting.
9) Bournemouth Oceanarium, Bournemouth Beach boasts a range of sealife creatures including turtles, sharks and sting rays. The popular attraction is right on the beach, close to Bournemouth town centre.
10) The Tank Museum, Bovington is the best place to experience the history of the tank. Open daily from 10am to 5pm, the museum offers live displays and a range of tanks from life in the trenches to those used recently in Afghanistan.