Top Picks: Busy start to September in Dorset
The summer may be coming to a close, but this weekend looks set to be one of the busiest in Dorset. With the Bournemouth Air Festival and The Great Dorset Steam Fair taking place, there is plenty to keep visitors and locals busy this weekend.
1) The Great Dorset Steam Fair, Child Okeford, Blandford Forum. The world-famous event attracts up to 200,000 visitors a year. WIth a host of events taking place over the weekend and spectacular night-time shows, the Fair is one of Dorset's most exciting events.
2) The Bournemouth Air Festival is a free events which allows visitors to see spectacular air displays from a range of aircraft. The Red Arrows will perform this afternoon for the third time at this year's event, which takes place above Bournemouth Beach. The planes can also be viewed taking off at Bournemouth Airport.
3) The Dorset County Show, Dorchester showcase's a range of displays and family fun. Tickets on the door cost £13 for adults and highlights include gymnastics displays, Titan the Robot, cookery demonstrations, sheep shearing and a fun fair.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
4) Delapre Swimming Race, West Bay Harbour. Cheer on Bridport Barracudas and Bridport Swimming Club as they take to the waters at 6.45pm this evening.
5) Classic Cars on the Quay, Christchurch. A host of classic and retro cars will be on display at Christchurch Quay from 10am to 4pm on Sunday September 2.
6) Seafood Festival, Corfe Castle sees the village come to life as the best local seafood produce are celebrated in the small Purbeck village.
7) Inside Out Arts Festival, Poole Quay. Poole's Old Town will come to life on Saturday evening when mariners and an acrobat will start a procession down the Old High Street - creating a stream of colour and percussion. The musical display will include some big surprises and start at 8.30pm at the junction of The High Street and Old Orchard.
8) EAST Awareness Day, Monkey World, Wool. Help celebrate Endangered Asian Species Trust as under 16s can enter the park for just £1 this weekend. Learn about primate conservation in action in the jungles of Vietnam, with plenty of activities for kids and prizes to be won.
9) Party in the Park, Ashley Cross Green, Poole. The annual event, taking place on Sunday September 2 between 12pm and 7pm - will see the quiet Green come to life with music, food, crafts and a play area for youngsters.
10) The Lunar Walk, Poole Dolphin Shopping Centre, takes place at midnight on Saturday September 1 on behalf of The Friends of Forest Holme. Take part in the nine-mile walk in 'space' theme fancy dress, or just the half lunar walk of four miles.