Top Picks: Blandford restaurants for The Great Dorset Steam Fair
With 200,000 people expected to visit the Great Dorset Steam Fair this weekend, we take a look at the best places to grab a bite to eat in the nearby Blandford Forum and surrounding villages.
Known for it's famous brewery, the town offers food at a range of pubs as well as restaurants.
1) The Langton Arms, Tarrant Monkton is a traditional country pub offering fine dinging and local ales. Offering the best local dishes in the Stables Restaurant, and a beautiful beer garden to enjoy a summer drink.
2) Worlds End, Almer is located just off the A31 and is a very cosy traditional pub. The venue use local produce to create favourite meals, matched with local beers and ales. The pub offers fantastic country views and a great place to grab lunch or dinner.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
3) Greyhound Inn, Winterbourne Kingston was built up a fantastic reputation for its carvery food, along with local beers. The pub also offers grill nights and a range of dishes on the menu.
4) The Crown Hotel, West Street is an iconic building in Blandford town centre. Despite undergoing extensive refurbishment, the venue has kept its historic charm, serving a range of dishes and drinks.
5) The Talbot, Iwerne Minster is a picturesque pub and hotel offering a wide range of dishes with a growing reputation in Iwerne Minster.
6) The Botany Bay Inne, Winterbourne Zelston is the perfect place to start a county walk, and take in the local beers and dishes of the north Dorset village.
7) Namaste Gurkha, East Street serves Indian and Nepalese food - with a growing reputation for tasty dishes. The freshly prepared meals are also available to take away.
8) The Old Ox Inn, Shillingstone offers visitors home-made meals and local drinks. A popular venue for walkers and ramblers due to its close location to Hambledown Hill.
9) Scruples, Tabernacle Way is a great place to have lunch in Blandford. Offering tasty meals and hot drinks, the family-friendly venue is well-known for its home-cooked food.
10) The Milton Inn, Winterbourne Whitechurch is renowned for its Sunday roasts, wide range of local beers and great value for money.