Firefighters unsure what caused asbestos risk fire at Langton Matravers barn
FIREFIGHTERS are unsure what caused a barn to catch fire in Langton Matravers yesterday.
Crews from Swanage and Wareham were called to the scene at around 10am after reports a large barn containing around 150 tonnes of straw was well alight.
Residents were urged to remain indoors and keep windows shut due to a potential asbestos risk.
Crews used two main lines and a water shuttle to tackle the blaze – which was allowed to burn out under supervision.
Thinking of buying a new computer for Christmas?
Save 10% on all Windows 7 Custom Built Desktop Computer Packages. Gaming PC's, Media Centres & More!!
Windows Desktops Only, Purchased before 12/12/13.
Package Includes Tower, Screen, Keyboard & Mouse.
Domestic Customers Only
Contact: 0845 0177033
Valid until: Thursday, December 12 2013
Crews from Hamworthy, Poole and Dorchester also attended with officers damping down until approximately 10:30pm.