Faulty dishwasher causes blaze at Poole doctors surgery
A faulty dishwasher forced a Poole doctors surgery to be evacuated after an electrical fire.
At around 6.40pm on Wednesday September 26, Dorset Fire and Rescue Service were called to a surgery along Parkstone Road. All doctors and patients had been evacuated from the building before officers arrived. Staff followed the correct procedure in closing all fire doors and backed up the automatic fire alarm with a 999 call.
Two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet were used as crews extinguished the kitchen fire on the first floor of the building.
Group Manager Andy Fox said: "Although this model of dishwasher does not have a recall notice on it, the fire appears to have started in the control panel, similar to recent incidents we have attended in BOSCH dishwashers.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
"This week is electrical safety week and across the county we are urging the public to check their electrical appliances at home and at work are safe.
"You can sign up for a free home safety check for your home on our website and find out more information about keeping yourself safe from electrical fires."
The dishwasher was completely destroyed in the fire and the kitchen was badly damaged by smoke.