Electric fire causes blaze at Pulham home
A blaze in Pulham was caused by an electric fire being placed too close to an arm chair.
At 12.45am on New Year's Day - crew from Sturminster Newton and Sherborne were called to a house in the Dorset village.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service crews found a property alight and used two hose reel jets to extinguish a fire in the first floor and roof of the building.
Further assistance was requested from a crew from Blandford.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
The blaze was extinguished by 2am, but crews remained on the scene to ensure the area was safe.
The incident caused fire damage to the property and severe smoke damage.