Elderly woman rescued from Poole house fire
AN ELDERLY woman was rescued by firefighters after a fire at a Poole home.
A quick thinking member of the public saw flames and smoke coming from the property along Broom Road and called Dorset Fire and Rescue Service after hearing a fire alarm sounding.
Two crews from Poole and one crew from Westbourne responded to the incident.
Firefighters used four sets of breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to bring the blaze under control and rescue an 80-year-old occupant.
Buy One Dorset Cream Tea (1 large scone, clotted cream, jam and a pot of tea for 1) get one FREE. Why not try our delicious ginger & treacle scones with plum jam?
Terms: Offer available Thursdays and Fridays only. Please note that we are open 10am-4pm. Offer only available to each customer once throughout the period. Check our website for Christmas opening times
Contact: 01929 500509
Valid until: Friday, January 31 2014
The ambulance service were also called to the scene, along with a Red Cross support vehicle.
Firefighters used four sets of breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to tackle the blaze and rescue an 80 year old female from the property.
The cause of the fire is thought to be unattended smoking material.