What to do in Dorset this weekend: December 8th and 9th 2012
Christmas is edging closer across Dorset, and with festive lights going up around the county - there is plenty of yuletide events to keep everyone busy this weekend.
We take a look at the top ten things to do in Dorset this weekend (December 8 and 9).
1) Bridport Christmas Tree Festival gets into full swing this weekend. With over 60 decorated trees on show, Saturday will see a concert by the Bridport Choral Society at 7pm, while advent carols will be sung on Sunday at 6.30pm.
Admission is free at the Bridport United Church on East Street.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
2) Dorchester will host its popular French Market this weekend. Locals have a great opportunity to pick up something special for Christmas between 9am and 4pm on Friday and Saturday.
The market from Normandy will take place on South Street.
3) The Ancient Technology Centre near Wimborne is hosting an Ancient Winter Day on Saturday.
See the crafts and skills that thousands of winters have seen before at the Centre on Damerham Road, Cranborne.
Take part in traditional winter skills, green woodworking, charcoal burning and fire making - and take a look at the blacksmith working in the Roman smithy.
4) The Highcliffe Christmas Carnival is celebrating the 'Best of British' on Saturday - including an exciting gift fayre.
Visitors can enjoy live music from the Swing Unlimited Community Big Band and The Song Birds. There will be plenty of festive cheer and maybe even a glass of mulled wine to keep you warm.
The event takes place around Lymington Road. A Christmas procession will take place at 6pm after a big surprise at 5pm.
5) Wareham will get into the Christmas spirit this Saturday with a special concert at Lady St Mary Church.
The Wareham Choral Society are presenting 'Joyeux Noel' at 7.30pm - with tickets priced at £8 including refreshments.
6) Kingston Lacey near Wimborne will be holding a Christmas fete, including home made goods and gifts.
The event takes place on Saturday between 1pm and 4pm at St Stephen's Church.
7) The Great Pudding Stir will let locals sample delicious Christmas pudding at The Priest's House Museum in Wimborne.
The Museum's Victorian kitchen will be open, allowing visitors to stir a huge bowl of pudding mix - before sampling the final product, heated on a coal-fire range.
The event takes place on Saturday between 10.30am and 4pm and costs £1.50 for adults and £1 for children.
8) Father Christmas is inviting youngsters to join him for a special breakfast at Compton Acres in Poole. Santa will be visiting between 9am and 10.30am on Saturday while visitors enjoy a full cooked English breakfast.
Tickets cost £12 and book is essential due to limited places. Father Christmas will also be in his grotto between 11.30am and 3pm, costing £7.
9) Youngsters can enjoy festive fun at The Adventure Wornderland near Bournemouth Airport.
The indoor adventure area 'Wild Thing' has been transformed into a Winter Wonderland, hoping to bring the magic of Christmas to life.
Father Christmas can be visited by those who book online prior to their trip, while a seasonal pantomime will take place in the Happydrome Theatre.
10) Milborne St Andrew will get into the Christmas spirit with the Festive Treats Concert on Saturday evening.
Taking place at the Village Hall between 7.30pm and 10pm, the programme will include seasonal items such as White Christmas and classic performances including Pie Jesu.
There will also be a host of Christmas carols and a raffle raising money for Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance.
Tickets will cost £3 for children, £6 for adults and £7 for adults paying on the door.