Dorset fireworks displays: Ten top choices for Bonfire Night celebrations
With its picturesque coastal location, Dorset provides a stunning backdrop for spectacular fireworks displays.
This Bonfire Night will be no different, and there's no shortage of options if you're planning on heading to an organised display at the weekend.
If you've not decided on where to go yet, why not take a look at our ten suggestions for exciting fireworks displays in Dorset.
1) There are three fireworks displays for the price of one at Bournemouth's Littledown Centre on Saturday, November 5. The Bournemouth Fireworks 2011 event has displays at 7pm, 8pm and 9pm – the latter known as the White Knuckle Display. Gates open at 5.30pm, costing £6 for adults and £4 for children. Youngsters under the age of three go in free, and there's also a free indoor family zone and kids' disco.
Thinking of buying a new computer for Christmas?
Save 10% on all Windows 7 Custom Built Desktop Computer Packages. Gaming PC's, Media Centres & More!!
Windows Desktops Only, Purchased before 12/12/13.
Package Includes Tower, Screen, Keyboard & Mouse.
Domestic Customers Only
Contact: 0845 0177033
Valid until: Thursday, December 12 2013
2) Organisers of the annual Wimborne and Colehill Fireworks Display have promised to better the 15,210 fireworks they set off during their 2010 spectacular. This year's display takes place at St Michael's Middle School in Colehill Lane on Saturday, November 5. Gates open at 4.30pm, and there's a best guy competition at 5.30pm before the bonfire gets lit at 6pm. After that, there will be live music until the start of the fireworks display at 7pm. It costs £5 for adults and £3 for children, with kids under the age of five allowed in for free.
3) Sherborne Castle provides a spectacular backdrop for fireworks, and this year's display on Saturday, November 5, is sure to attract a big crowd. The castle hosts entertainment, live music and refreshments from 5pm. The bonfire is lit at 7pm, with the fireworks due off at 7.30pm. Tickets are £5 for adults and £3 for children, with under-fives free.
4) Poole Quay plays host to one of the south coast's biggest free fireworks displays on Saturday, November 5. The Wave 105 Festival of Fireworks display starts at 8pm, but the Quay will be buzzing from 4.30pm with street entertainers, jugglers and fire performances throughout the evening and live music from Djambo.
5) Dorchester RFC host a night of fireworks at their Coburg Road base on Saturday, November 5, with gates opening at 6pm. Tickets cost £10 for a family, £4 for adults and £2 for children, and the fireworks begin at 7.30pm. Don't panic if you're hungry… there will be a barbecue and hog roast, plus drinks and refreshments available
6) Another popular free display will be held at Lyme Regis, where visitors can enjoy seeing a beach bonfire and fireworks over The Cobb on Saturday, November 5. The fireworks are scheduled for 6.30pm, with the bonfire on the beach at 6.45pm.
7) Weymouth Pavilion's free Guy Fawkes Celebration is one of the most popular events on the town's calendar. This year's spectacular takes place on Saturday, November 5, and the fireworks are due off at 7.20pm. Don't leave it until then to get there, though… there's a children's Guy Fawkes competition at 5.45pm in the pavilion foyer, and the lighting of the great beach bonfire at 7pm. A funfair in the pavilion forecourt will also run from 2pm to 10pm.
8) If you can't wait until the weekend, head over to Swanage & Wareham RFC on Wednesday night, November 2, for their biggest ever fireworks display. There will be a torchlight procession from the town centre, starting at 6pm. At the club, there will be live music, hot food, beer tent, a children's fun fair and numerous other stalls. A bonfire and fireworks display will follow. Admission on the night is £7.
9) The Beaminster Big Bang display takes place at St Mary's School in Clay Lane on Friday, November 4. Gates open at 6pm, with the popular display due to start at 6.30pm.
10) Corfe Castle provides another spectacular setting to watch the Dorset sky light up on Saturday, November 5. There will also be live music from 7.30pm, along with fireworks over the castle and barbecue and refreshments.