Dorset crews tackle thatch fire near Bridport
Around 45 firefighters tackled a blaze at a thatched home near Bridport yesterday.
Crews from Bridport, Beaminster, Charmouth and Dorchester were called to the fire in Powerstock at around 4:40pm.
No one was injured by the fire, which is thought to have been caused by the property's chimney.
Station Mananger Stuart Jeneson, incident commander said: "Crews did a fantastic job knocking back the fire and keeping property damage to a minimum.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
"It was a small area of thatch involved adjacent to the chimney. We always recommend chimneys are swept and well maintained, especially in thatch properties."