Cooking safety alert after Dorset kitchen blaze
A blaze which took hold of an entire kitchen in North Wootton is believed to have been caused by cooking left unattended.
Five firefighting crews from Sherborne, Yeovil and Sturminster Newton attended the property in the village at around 7pm on Thursday evening.
Crews used ten sets of breathing apparatus and three hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze which took nearly two hours to control.
The fire affected the entire kitchen and a lean-to at the rear of the house and caused significant smoke damage throughout the property’s interior.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
A spokeswoman from Dorset Fire and Rescue Service warned against the dangers of leaving items to cook unattended.
She said: “Unfortunately it is very easy to leave cooking unattended and this is a perfect example of what can happen.
“Cooking can be extremely dangerous and we advise all residents to ensure that all cooking is carefully planned and managed.
“If you go out, you are distracted and certainly before you go to sleep, please ensure you turn off the cooker or microwave.”