Cancer patients rate care at Salisbury Hospital
CANCER patients at Salisbury Hospital have rated their care highly with 93% of those asked saying that it was excellent or very good in a national survey carried out on behalf of NHS England.
More than 330 patients responded to the questionnaire which covered the patient's diagnosis and treatment, confidence in staff, hospital information and the support that they received at home.
The Trust was in the top 20% of best performing Trusts in 28 of the 66 questions that related to the hospital. Of those asked:
• 93% said they were always given enough privacy when being examined or treated
Thinking of buying a new computer for Christmas?
Save 10% on all Windows 7 Custom Built Desktop Computer Packages. Gaming PC's, Media Centres & More!!
Windows Desktops Only, Purchased before 12/12/13.
Package Includes Tower, Screen, Keyboard & Mouse.
Domestic Customers Only
Contact: 0845 0177033
Valid until: Thursday, December 12 2013
• 91% felt that they had confidence and trust in all doctors treating them
• 90% said they were given the right amount of information about their condition and treatment
• 89% said that staff did everything to help control pain all of the time
• 87% said they got understandable answers to important questions all/most of the time
The Trust was in the lowest 20% of Trusts on one question. This related to patients who felt that they had not been given the name of the clinical nurse specialist in charge of their care (83%). This will continue to be an area that the Trust will focus on in the coming year.