Burning cigarette is cause of second fire in Bournemouth in 24 hours
A discarded cigarette has caused a second fire in Bournemouth in less than 24 hours.
Residents at a property in Alma Road, Winton called 999 after the fire alarm went off and they smelt burning at around 5.30am this morning.
A fire had started after a cigarette burnt a cushion in the living room of the home.
Fire crews say matters could have been a lot more serious if residents hadn't had the fire alarm to warn them of the burning cigarette.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
Yesterday an elderly woman suffered burns after a discarded cigarette caused a fire at her Bournemouth flat. A fire spokesman said it was fortunate that alarms were activated.